Tuneoff

Duplexdan@AOL.COM Duplexdan@AOL.COM
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 09:58:36 EDT

Gentlemen,

The tuneoff challenge should always be fair, so I am offering a consideration
that may make it fairer than the Orlando tuneoff in which Virgil's piano was
so far ahead in the voting it seemed like Jim was riding a horse with three
legs.

The reason, we suspect, that Virgil's piano received more than 70 % of the
votes in all categories may be attributeable to one difference between the
Kawaii's , which incidentally were almost identical in age style, serial
number , etc.and were carefully selected for that reason.

And that difference was, strange as it might seem, that the Duplex Scale in
the wayoutfront winner was in PERFECT TUNE. It was the only one of the four
in perfect tune. And it is consistent with Duplexology that the runner up
piano, tuned by JC had the Duplex Scale partially in tune. In the other two
pianos, the Duplex Scale was considerably off in all sections of the scale.

Let's be fair. If the pianos in the tuneoff are going to be equal, and all
have duplex scales, they should all be tuned correctly.

Looking forward to the Challenge,

Dan Franklin, RPT