Tuneoff

Thu, 13 Sep 2001 17:00:35 +0200

Duplexdan@AOL.COM wrote:

> Gentlemen,
>
> The tuneoff challenge should always be fair, so I am offering a consideration
> that may make it fairer than the Orlando tuneoff in which Virgil's piano was
> so far ahead in the voting it seemed like Jim was riding a horse with three
> legs.

Whats this ???... So far all I have heard about these previous tuneoffs is how
there has been no significant difference noted... now I hear the ear tuning was
ahead with 70 % of the vote in Orlando ??? When was this ??

And after hearing some scoffing about  ear tuners complaining about the faults in
an evaluation proceedure that resulted in meaningless results, this posts reads
on to claim the the results of this obvious win must be nullified because the
duplex was in tune on the one and not on the other ??? A machine can get THAT
confused by an out of tune duplex ????..

Now I just KNOW there is a great explanation for all this waiting out there for
me to hear it... so before drawing any conclusions I will wait anxiously for it.

> The reason, we suspect, that Virgil's piano received more than 70 % of the
> votes in all categories may be attributeable to one difference between the
> Kawaii's , which incidentally were almost identical in age style, serial
> number , etc.and were carefully selected for that reason.
>
> And that difference was, strange as it might seem, that the Duplex Scale in
> the wayoutfront winner was in PERFECT TUNE. It was the only one of the four
> in perfect tune. And it is consistent with Duplexology that the runner up
> piano, tuned by JC had the Duplex Scale partially in tune. In the other two
> pianos, the Duplex Scale was considerably off in all sections of the scale.
>
> Let's be fair. If the pianos in the tuneoff are going to be equal, and all
> have duplex scales, they should all be tuned correctly.
>
> Looking forward to the Challenge,
>
> Dan Franklin, RPT

Boy does this post shoot somebody big time in the foot... BIG GRIN...

IMHO, All in fun... ROLF... and all that ok folks ??
--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.