Additional value for an autographed piano???

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 13:25:42 EDT

In a message dated 9/13/01 9:50:41 AM Central Daylight Time,
pianobuilders@olynet.com writes:

> I am also aware that John Steinway would sign everything in sight at a
> dealership he would be visiting without listening to any of them. Does this
> signature then add any value to the piano? That, I think, would be strictly
> up to the buyer. In some cases it probably would (the salespeople certainly
> thought so) and not in others (Can the buyer play and hear the piano and how
> does the piano perform and sound?).
>
> Del

A dealer in St. Louis advertised on radio and TV that Mr. Steinway would be
at the showroom to sign the piano you bought. It was strictly a sales
gimmick. They did the same thing when Franz Mohr came.

Willem