September 11, 2001

Susan Kline sckline@home.com
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 10:31:21 -0700

Joe, thanks for your post. I have been horrendously late (canceled one
day completely) since the morning of the 11th. Two hours late as I
write ... I do phone ahead, though. Really, there's no excuse for it,
since staying right up to date on events is not required of me, while
piano work is. But the grief and rage, as Joe describes, shake everything
up, and change priorities.

I think that your armband gesture is a very good one. I doubt that
we can get every one of these people, even with the wholehearted aid
of most of the rest of the world. But we don't owe them long, elaborate
court cases, either. In war, one does not read rights or give free
legal assistance to the opposing forces.

Susan