harpsichord and piano forte help

Avery Todd avery@ev1.net
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 20:04:38 -0500

Wim,

Welcome to the world of University work! :-) Others have answered your
harpsichord question so I have just one comment. Make sure your
harpsichord isn't one that has TWO      pitch levels in addition to the
A-440 position. We have one but at the time we got it, I'd never
heard of this. Stupidly, I broke several strings trying to "tune"
the thing before I realized this. :-( I try to tune ours every
week or two, even when they're not being used for concerts. Or at
least, go in and check the pitch levels.

Avery