naptha+mineral oil/silicon+naptha

Keith & Linda Corbridge kc7cvc@mtwest.net
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 19:40:55 -0600

We have found a product better than WD-40. It does not evaporate away. It's
called, MSL and it costs $10.70 for 12 oz. spray can. Anyone interested can
contact Walking Tall, Inc. 385 East Center Hyde Park, Utah 84318 or call
1-435-563-3560. We also have the same formula in a liquid form that can give
you better gas milage in your car.
  -----Original Message-----
  From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf Of
Kevin E. Ramsey
  Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2001 9:18 PM
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Subject: Re: naptha+mineral oil/silicon+naptha

      David wrote:

      "AAAHHH, This makes sense to me!  The voice of reason?  I am not
totally sure
  but it sure seems reasonable to me.  By the way, it seems odd to me that
WD40
  when used to lubricate metal parts only lasts a very short time i.e. a
  squeaky door hinge that in a very short time becomes squeaky again, but
seems
  to expand and spread when used in a piano action.  The only thing I have
ever
  found WD40 useful for is chasing moisture out of a distributor cap."
  David Koelzer

      Speaking of door hinges, and my on-going support for the uses of
Protek CLP, I had a door hinge on my front door that squeaked, annoyingly,
so I got out my little squirt bottle full of CLP and put some on it. A year
later, not only does it not squeak, it closes too easily! If I leave it open
all the way, it will, in a few seconds, start to close hard enough to catch
the latch. I'm telling you people, it works on the metal, not the bushing.
      As I earlier reported, sometimes I will put it on an eye-shadow sponge
thingee, and hit the front key pins with it. I have had more than a dozen
people comment on how I have improved the touch on their pianos just from
this one simple action.
      I just think that it's a great product; No I don't get paid to say any
of these things, but this is one of the best tips I can give you: Think of
it plating the metal, not lubricating the felt, and you'll start to
understand the best ways of using it.
      If you think I'm "all wet", try it out for yourself.

  Kevin Ramsey
  ramsey@extremezone.com