Don't know what to say (Wim)

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 08:35:45 EDT

In a message dated 9/13/01 7:21:16 PM Central Daylight Time,
philromano@attglobal.net writes:

> Tell that to the people in NYC. Do you think the Yankees and Mets' fans are
> eager to get back to the game?
>
> Phil Romano
> Myrtle Beach, SC

I don't know. It won't be a game where there is much joy. But New Yorkers,
and the rest of the nation, need a release valve. They need something to take
their minds off what has happened, if only for a few hours. A pro sports
person was interviewed and said he didn't feel much like playing. I am sorry,
but I don't feel much like tuning a piano, but that is what I am being paid
to do. These are professionals, playing sports is what they are paid to do.
Some might call it frivolous entertainment. But why do we have entreatment?
To get away from our ordinary lives, and take a break. It doesn't always have
to be joyous occasion. After all, after each game, the loosing side goes away
"sad."

Just my opinion.
Wim