some thoughts on the attacks

larudee@pacbell.net larudee@pacbell.net
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 21:04:59 -0700

All of these excuses were used to slaughter the American Indian in North
America and the Jew in Nazi Germany.  They were used by Christians to
slaughter Muslems in the Crusades and Jews in Spain during the
Inquisition.  There is nothing special about terrorists using religion
to justify their actions.  Our own Congress sings "God Bless America" as
it plots revenge.

How about looking at the despair of the places in which terrorism
breeds.  How about looking at the role of the most greedy and cynical
American businesses and lobbyists in promulgating injustice and
oppression for profit all over the world.

There is no justification for terrorism, but you don't eliminate
terrorism by eliminating the terrorists.  We are not responsible for all
the injustice in the world, but we are making no attempt to be
responsible for our part in it, and until we do we should not be
surprised that desperate people will sacrifice themselves to hurt us.

Sorry if that's not as popular as revenge.

Paul Larudee

I and the public know
What all schoolchildren learn:
Those to whom evil is done