some thoughts on the attacks

Carl Meyer cmpiano@home.com
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 12:23:26 -0700

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: larudee@pacbell.net=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, September 15, 2001 11:35 AM
  Subject: Re: some thoughts on the attacks

  Wimblees@AOL.COM wrote:=20
    what, if anything, would satisfy bin Laden.
  We should not even attempt to satisfy Bin Laden.  We should make him =
unable to find recruits by assuring that U.S. foreign policy is not the =
cause of despair for billions of people.=20
  Paul Larudee=20

  But, Paul, if your solution is applied and fails with more and more =
recruits arriving perhaps the real cause of the problem will be seen.

  Assurances will not placate them when the real problem is jealousy.  =
They are jealous of our success, way of life and standard of living.  As =
is common, jealousy attempts to destroy that which it is jealous of =
rather than making the effort to emulate the success etc. =20

  So, if terrorism continues, what do you propose to counteract it?  =
Should we then lower our standard of living etc. to their level just to =
keep the peace?  Sorry, I pass.

  Carl Meyer  Assoc. PTG
  Santa Clara, California
  cmpiano@home.com =20