Bridle wires

phil frankenberg rinkyd@pacbell.net
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 14:35:53 -0500

Dear Bill and Newton

Is this a joke?  Why on earth would you glue the straps to the wires? They are designed to be removable. What happens if you need to repin a hammer flange,or whippen, or jack?
Respectfully

Phil Frankenberg
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Tom Driscoll
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Sent: Saturday, September 15, 2001 7:07 PM
  Subject: Re: Bridle wires

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Bill Ballard" <yardbird@pop.vermontel.net>
    To: <pianotech@ptg.org>

    > As far as the bridle tapes go, I still have decided to secure the
    > tapes to the wires with hot melt glue or epoxy
    >
    > Bill Ballard RPT
    > NH Chapter, P.T.G.

           Bill, Why cement to the wires  ?   With the cork types I don't even like adhesives in the catcher holes. Since bridles may possibly be replaced more than once in an actions lifetime why make things difficult for the next tech. Of course depending on your age you may be dead by then, so you won't be hunted down, but seriously  forget the glue IMHO.  Tom Driscoll