some thoughts on the attacks

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 18:25:37 EDT

In a message dated 9/15/01 1:41:12 PM Central Daylight Time,
larudee@pacbell.net writes:

> We should not even attempt to satisfy Bin Laden.  We should make him unable
> to find recruits by assuring that U.S. foreign policy is not the cause of
> despair for billions of people. Paul Larudee

Paul

That would mean pulling out of the Middle East, because nothing short of that
will satisfy the radical Arabs. That would mean leaving Israel alone, to
defend herself against the entire Arab world. It mean leaving our interest in
the oil the United States, and the rest of the Western world, depends on.

We can't afford to do that. We can, though, as you suggested, recognize that
there is a problem, and hope and pray that a willingness to cooperate will be
the final solution. But in the mean time, not to sound to radical about it,
but we have a score to settle.

Wim