Bridle wires

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 18:52:48 -0400

Phil and everyone,

I would also not like to see the straps glued to the wires, but some of
you may recall that some Baldwin verticals (maybe others also) have only
a kink in the bridle wire rather than a loop.  I could understand why
for these pianos someone might want to glue everything fast.

I had a Baldwin where the holes in some of the bridle straps became
enlarged to where they would slide too far down the "kinked" wire,
causing those notes to malfunction.  I solved the problem by putting a
droplet of glue on the wire *below* the end of the bridle strap.  The
strap is still removable if the need arises.

Regards, Clyde