Weinreich unisons(wasTuneoff)

Isaac OLEG SIMANOT oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sun, 16 Sep 2001 00:58:33 +0200

> -----Message d'origine-----
> De : owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]De la part
> de Robert Wilson

I have a piano, a Weber grand, which demonstrates this effect so well.
> If all the unisons are tuned 'perfectly' the resulting
> sound after tuning is disappointing, the tone is thin
> and not particularly pleasing.

I strongly believe that what is an unison tuned perfectly, is an unison with
the optimum energy utilization since the first day. It seems to me it will
be in a stable configuration from the beginning, and will stay as that
longer.

Besides, I don't like to finish a tuning and find that the sound is "thin".
So I keep my pleasure alive ...

Having a good fine ear, when I fist learned to tune I tuned unisons so the
strings match perfectly from the beginning , attack, and all partials lived
without any movement. I discover soon that my tunings where not pleasant to
play with, despite their clarity and evenness.

That's the way we hear notes for tuning that I had to change. It is totally
different from what we learn "in theory".

With my best.

Isaac OLEG

But, after a few days