attacks on the U.S.

Dale R Fox foxpiano@juno.com
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 08:39:16 -0700

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001 09:31:30 -0400 "isaacah" <isaacah@sprint.ca> writes:

> Another statement being repeated is that poverty breeds terrorist
>
> organizations and attacks. Let us not forget that terrorist
> organizations,
>
> all of them, from Red October and Bader Meinhoff to Ben Laden's -
> are all
>
> rich, well financed and very well versed in enriching themselves by
> such
>
> industries as the drug trade. Also, no terrorist organization has
> ever alleviated poverty anywhere. Terrorist organizations do their
> dirty work for
>
> reasons other than alleviating poverty either in Latin America or
> the Middle
>
> East.

With some hesitation I will also bring up the widespread rumor that a
great deal of short selling was done in the preceding days on certain
transportation stocks.  Airlines,  to be specific.  I do not know the
veracity of these rumors,  but they attribute the short selling to
overseas interests of middle eastern origin.  If true,  I guess that it's
not just "greedy American corporations and thier partners in  Asia,"  who
would profit on the backs of the poor.

As you have so simply pointed out,  Ari,   there are plenty of resources
in the Middle-East for the development of the region.  Yet no Arab nation
has ever advocated finding room in there own territories for the
Palestinian homeland that they purport to desire.   Only the land
occupied by Israel seems to meet their real estate"needs".   It is
seemingly apparent,  at least to me,  that the desire for a Palestinian
homeland is far more political in nature than commonly thought or
reported in the media.  The real purpose seems to be just another excuse
for trying to push the Jews into the sea.

I refuse to let the "blame America " crowd to have any free swings at our
country.   When disasters strike around the world,  it is always the
generosity of the American people (Including those Greedy Corporations)
which sends out the VAST majority of aid and supplies to meet the needs
of whatever disaster has befallen whatever nation state.  No other
country in the history of the world has done as much to spread freedom to
nations it could otherwise have just ignored.  Has it been done
perfectly?  Of course not!  Have we had our problems?  Sure!   But in our
history,  we have battled the great national sins.  The desire of people
from all the world to emigrate TO the United States ,  is still the best
indication of what the rest of the world thinks of their own homelands.
My own Ukranian neighbors think this is a pretty special place,  I think
they would know.

Thanks,  Ari,  for your well thought out email.

Dale Fox

> So what's all this about? Either we allow terrorist organizations
> and their pay masters and host countries to attack us with impunity
> or not. The
>
> poverty in the Middle East is neither the fault of the West ( it was
> there aplenty, well before the arrival of any western power, nor is
> it our responsibility to alleviate it. It IS our responsibility to
> force those to whom we send all that oil money to spend a reasonable
> percentage of it on an ongoing and supervised basis to alleviate
> that poverty. Quite independently from action we take to foil
> terrorists and their schemes.
>

> Thanks for reading this.
>

> Ari Isaac.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!