Yamaha "S" Pianos vs. others

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 16:25:16 -0700

Mark & Dale,
IMHO we're dealing with an ever-increasing number of people that have a
hearing loss, due to our VERY NOISY society. It's a pity, but alas I believe
this to be one of the major reasons for the sale of loud, brassy sounding
instruments. The other reason is a little less blatant in appearance, but
is, in my opinion, part of the problem. That being, recording studios have a
distorted idea of what a piano is really supposed to sound like. So, we are
subjected to improperly EQ'd recordings. This is rampant throughout the
recording industry. Methinks to many reformed Rock musicians have gotten
tired of playing and are now in the studios, with their poor hearing! Just
this guy's opinion. Flame suit properly adjusted. <grin>
Regards,
Joe Garrett, Oregon