Fw: An Afghan American's point of view

larudee@pacbell.net larudee@pacbell.net
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 17:08:52 -0700

jolly roger wrote:

>    The West needs to go into Afganistan (By invitation) and build some good
> will with the goverment there, by helping to build some infractructure, for
> the moderates.  That way we gain some allies in the region.

Hate to disagree with you here, Roger, but these guys are a bunch of fanatic
thugs, and there are no moderates in the government.  We ought to participate
in whatever humanitarian work they will allow us to provide to the people
suffering under them and we should keep the communication lines open.  In the
unlikely event the  international community wants to pursue a case of crimes
against humanity, we should participate.  Otherwise, much as I would like to
help the population, we should avoid entanglement, and under no circumstances
should we help to support them or try to be their allies.

Paul Larudee