Silencing a piano

larudee@pacbell.net larudee@pacbell.net
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 17:19:21 -0700

Thanks to everyone for the advice.  Bless this list!  By the way, one suggestion
that did not appear but which I would like to report is sound-insulating caster
cups designed specifically for this purpose (catalog item #341).  I first heard
of them from Yat-Lam Hong at the last convention.  They are made in the U.K. and
available through Fletcher & Newman, the British piano supply house.

I think I'm going to recommend a set of them and baffles under the soundboard.
Thanks for everything.

Paul Larudee