Bolt strength

John Delacour JD@Pianomaker.co.uk
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 23:57:00 +0100

At 13:57 20/09/01 -0400, BobDavis88@AOL.COM wrote:

>1) I chose bolts empirically, and they worked. However, is there anyone out
>there who knows the tensile strength of various diameters of bolts? Of
>hardened bolts?

Do a web search for Unbrako and see if they have downloadable data sheets.  If not, you should be able to get the very detailed specs from any engineers' supply shop. I would not myself trust any unbranded screws.  Whether Unbrako are international I don't know, but there is bound to be a good American maker.

JD