Restringing GM Yamahas

Bill Ballard yardbird@pop.vermontel.net
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 23:46:43 -0400

I'm about to restring a 1975(?) Yamaha C7E, you know one of the
recent japanese emigres. Evrything is orginal and after two VT
winters is holding together quite nicely. The pinblock grip during
the summer is  solid, and in the dead of winter is "workably" loose.
(The board has a DC, but the room is too large to humidify.) Does
anyone have any experience with the expected life of such a block
restrung with 3/0 x 2-1/2" pins? I'd go for that rather than 4/0 x
2-3/8,  the 3/0x2-1/2 size would spread out the impact of the o'sized
pins out through a longer hole.

Does anyone have any long-term experience with these block (you now,
from the old country) especially when jumping up a pin size or two?

Muchos Thanquos

PS attached is a very informative look, broadcast over NPR recently,
into the eastern Islamic world, notably Afghanistan and Pakistan.
Both countries were created in the first years after WWII, the map
having been divided in such a way as to insure conflict as a
stabilising system. The partitioning of Palestine is another example
of this style of "nation-building"

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"Come on, a priest and a rabbi?! I think I've heard this one before"
     ...........the Punjabi/Irish barkeep in "Keeping the Faith"
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: 20010920.fa.01.ram.ra
Type: application/mac-binhex40
Size: 170 bytes