Digital tape

John Delacour JD@Pianomaker.co.uk
Sat, 22 Sep 2001 12:36:03 +0100

At 07:32 22/09/01 +0200, Isaac OLEG SIMANOT wrote:
>Had one (before I wanted to modify it ) . It is a regular tape with digital
>reading. Mine was from Starett, and 75 USD approx. I never find one again in France.
>
>Precision was good enough, I had co calibrate it before mesuring (zero it).
>Find it faster to mesure with that and less tiring for eyes.

I bought a much cheaper Japanese make, since I am measuring bass string rubbings day in day out, but I find I don't use it -- it's too clumsy and fussy.  What I'd really like would be a digital measure that would send wireless signals to an Excel spreadsheet at the press of a button.  It will certainly come but probably too late for me.

I do love Starrett tools.  My old Starrett micrometer gets terrible treatment but never needs adjusting, and I simply couldn't work without my 7" Starrett cutters.

JD