tinnitus and tuning?

John Ross piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca
Sat, 22 Sep 2001 09:18:17 -0300

Hi Gregor,
I also have tinnitus, and there is nothing they can do to cure it.
Mine is around the same frequency as yours, and the only thing
I notice, with regards to tuning, is a certain harshness around
A5.
Luckily I only notice it if I think about it, my brain seems to do a
pretty good job, of putting it in the background, and not letting it
bother me.
When voicing in that area, I have to let the customer guide me.
I hope yours is a misdiagnosis, and is only temporary. Have you
taken any new medication. shortly before it happened?
Regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Gregor Weldert=20
  Sent: Saturday, September 22, 2001 8:18 AM
  Subject: tinnitus and tuning?

  Hi list,

  i fear i got a tinnitus, but i hope it is not forever. I hear on both =
ears a 8 khz-tone with 6-8 db.

  Is anybody in this list with the same problem? Which experience did =
you make with it? Is it possible to keep on tuning pianos? I got it =
since 1 week and i will wait until next week. Then i will see what =
problems will encounter with tuning.

  Gregor Weldert
  Germany