tinnitus and tuning?

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Sat, 22 Sep 2001 08:31:56 -0400

George, I have a 15-20db drop off in my Left ear at 5k. I will not tune
without hearing protection, and I highly recommend it for those not
suffering from any tinnitus..hearing protection just may prevent you from
getting it.

George, Tinnitus is a funny thing..mine comes and goes, but I know it is
affected by barimetric pressure and noise. When I first wake up in the
morning, I have no 'sss'..by the time I finish with my first piano of the
day, the 'sss' has started..sometimes it gets a little louder, sometimes
not..Tinnitus is a funny thing.

My tinnitus does not prevent me from doing anything regarding pianos..or
anything else, for that matter. I am just very aware of it and wear hearing
protection hoping the protection will prevent it from getting any worse..

roo(k)