brambach

Leslie W Bartlett lesbart1@juno.com
Sat, 22 Sep 2001 09:48:55 -0500

Thanks for the replies. Now go figure........  We get home at midnight
last night, and I have a phone message from this lady. She called and
woke me this morning to say, "I am just so pleased with what you have
done with your tuning. The piano actually sounds much better. I'm willing
to spend 'some more money' to see what else you might be able to do."   I
had played it for her, we had gone over all the "bad notes", and dampers
not working, she hated it, and somewhere, in the afternoon, she had this
"great enlightenment."   Maybe the replies to the post I sent actually
got her to realize she had junk, and either had to replace it or become
content with the fact there simply aren't free lunches waiting for
people...............   So, I'm appreciative for your help.

Does anyone know of an "OLD" electronic tuning device that used computer
punch cards to set the frequency at which the machine tuned,  made by
Widener engineering?  I was sitting with a friend while her husband went
through serious surgery, and another of their friends said he and the
surgery patient had rebuilt a player together, and he, himself, had tuned
a fair amount using this Widener gadget. I, a relative newbie, have never
heard of it.
Thanks
les bartlett
houston