tinnitus and tuning?

Isaac OLEG SIMANOT oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sun, 23 Sep 2001 09:22:25 +0200

Hello,

I've tried any earplugs I could find, I have molded ones with 15 and 9 db
filters, witch I will use when I may tune noisy piano or noisy
environnement. I used it in my car sometime too.

Did not understand that the basses where worse than the treble in regard of
ears. When tired the treble is more pain generally.

The use of ETD is a big comfort for the ears, helps to keep relaxed, but I
don't know if there is a relation.

With time, I learned to tune with the softest firm sound I could obtain (as
I've seen some of our best tuners do). If hard blows are necessary I will
use earplugs, but even the best of them ( molded 9db for me) cut a lot of
treble.

A solution for my comfort is to try to tune "musically" . I rely on my "...
so called... perfect pitch" a lot, and with habit, don't have to use too
much interval testing.

Do you know what relation between stress, pain, and ear damage ?

Thanks again for these information and warnings.

Isaac OLEG