FULL rebuilding evolution/uprights

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sun, 23 Sep 2001 17:10:47 EDT

In a message dated 23/09/01 4:21:09 PM, rbrekne@broadpark.no writes:

<<"I keep hearing different suggestions and hints from highly respected
corners
alluding to some connection between the sound / tone of the piano and the
It shore would be nice to get this whole matter cleared up. This magic circle
just wont go away.. ">>

Richard I don't know about verticals (and that is what this thread is about:)
but for grands it does make a difference. Last year or so ago I put on the
list some sustain times before and after replacing a 'floating' pinblock in a
M&H, model A, with a glued/doweled block to the strecher and rim.  The
difference in sustain time was rather dramatic on the side of the doweled
block........does this transfer to verticals???????? I don't know.
Jim Bryant (FL)