Sizing of pin bushings

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 13:26:01 -0500

Gordon,

Can you use denatured alcohol? I've found that at Lowe's in the past year.
They may not have it now, though.

John M. Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS
PTG Associate, Memphis Chapter

mailto:jformsma@dixie-net.com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Gordon Holley
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2001 7:56 AM
To: 'pianotech@ptg.org'
Subject: Sizing of pin bushings

Good Morning List.  I've tried unsuccesfully to purchase methanol at Lowes,
Wal-Mart and a couple smaller hardware stores, for the sizing solution for
pin bushings.  I've been told that they don't have methanol because it is
used in the making of drugs.  If this is the case does anyone have a
recommendation on what to use for the solution (methanol 10 parts, water 1
part) ?.
Thanks for the assistance, Gordon Holley, Goshen