Tuning/Regulation Marketing

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 21:47:11 -0400

Allen Birchler - hey down there in New Zealand!

http://www.pianoservices.co.nz/

"The unethical pratice of just pulling the strings into tune has lead to
many pianos being badly out of regulation. Your tuner should be sacked if
they don't work on touch and tone at EACH tuning visit."

Pretty strong statement. How would tuning a piano lead to it falling badly
out of regulation, and why would that be unethical? I should think I would
raise an eyebrow or two on the face of Mrs. Baldwinacrosonic if I tried to
sell her a regulation and voicing job at each visit - of course, now that I
think of it, the visits would likely be 10 or so years apart - but what
about the ones that actually tune at least once a year?

Terry Farrell