Sizing of pin bushings

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 23:40:38 -0500

Hi Kevin,
               That is why I stress leaving over night to dry. One drop per
bushing does the Job.  If you start to heat the bushing after wetting then
the shrinking is toooooo aggressive.  I am not a fan for shrinking hammer
flanges, my prefference is to repin, since it has such a big effect on
tone.  In my area I like 4 to 5 swings, more humid climates 6 swings will
give a safety margin.

Having said that, I have used rubbing alcohol neat, and it works.   The
good thing about rubbing alcohol, it's availiable at any drug store, and
supermarket.

Regards Roger