Are online "ebay" type pianos a good idea?

Stephen Airy stephen_airy@yahoo.com
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 22:14:03 -0700 (PDT)

I was wondering if you guys would discourage me
(whenever I am able to afford shipping them, or buying
my own pickup and driving the up to 12-hour drive (and
paying for the gas) to pick the pianos up) from buying
old dilapidated pianos on e-bay for the sake of
rebuilding them?  I'm mainly thinking grands (cause in
the end they're worth more than uprights with maybe a
few exceptions but I don't know), but I'd also like
experience with some uprights, like M&H, Knabe, S&S,
Hallet & Davis, and other reputable brands of the
1870s to 1920s.