Buying pianos on EBay

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 11:39:14 -0700

It has been my experience that potential piano owners will pay too much and
wind up with a dog. I've had two recent encounters with this situation. Both
were clients who bought Square Grands via EBay or some other media. Both
situations were deplorable. And, I wound up being the big bad guy that had
to tell them that they had purchased junk. One had been "Rebuilt", (I
suspect by a less than exemplary technician), who advertised it a "Perfect
in every way". It was the biggest can of worms I have seen in years! The
second piano(?) was a "Baby Grand" that looked like it had survived one of
the nastier Hurricanes on the Eastern Seaboard. Rust, mould, etc. prevailed
everywhere! It is sad that this type thing is going on. The best we can do
is to advise, as you all have previously posted.
Regards,
Joe Garrett