Pleyel Grands

Isaac OLEG SIMANOT oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 01:55:31 +0200

Hello,

Dont know precisely the actual fabrication, but the Pleyel are now made in
France by "PIANOS DE FRANCE".
I heard the grands are good enough . They are made by the same factory than
Rameau, wich is the last French make

In fact the new owners of the "salle Pleyel" in Paris have baught to Shimmel
PLEYEL, ERARD & GAVEAU so it is now again  French makes.

have a look at http://www.pleyel.fr/ .

Best .

Isaac

  -----Message d'origine-----
  De : owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]De la part de
Wimblees@AOL.COM
  Envoyé : mardi 25 septembre 2001 23:46
  À : pianotech@ptg.org
  Objet : Re: Pleyel Grands

  In a message dated 9/25/01 10:37:16 AM Central Daylight Time,
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net writes:

    Does anyone have any experience with new Pleyel grands?  If so, can you
comment on the overall quality and anything else you'd like to throw in?

    Thanks

    David Love

  David

  I don't have any experience with the grand, but about 2 years ago, I had a
Playel studio in my store for a couple of weeks. One of my employees, who is
an excellent pianist, played it, and was not all that impressed, especially
considering the piano was listed at $12,000. The sound was not great, and
the action was so so. The only thing that was impressive was the finish and
case design. But I wouldn't have paid $12,000 for the piano.

  Wim