regulating sustaining pedal...

Stephen Airy stephen_airy@yahoo.com
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 17:29:54 -0700 (PDT)

I would have asked this in #pianotech, but at the time
I went in there a couple minutes ago, no one was
online...

I'm having trouble finding the adjustment for
regulating my sustaining pedal.  The piano is an old
(1913) player piano and the pedal connecting rods are
metal rods from the pedal to the left, and wooden rods
from metal tabs on the rods to the damper lift tab in
this case.  I just replaced the damper felts in my
piano, and now some of the dampers aren't even lifting
off their strings when I step on the sustaining pedal.
 The pedal goes down about 2/3 of the way before any
of the dampers even begin to move.  Does anyone know
how to get rid of this excessive lost motion?