regulating sustaining pedal...

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 07:14:49 -0500

Check the bottom board--it may be unglued.

John M. Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS
PTG Associate, Memphis Chapter

mailto:jformsma@dixie-net.com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Stephen Airy
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2001 1:59 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: regulating sustaining pedal...

I just looked at the piano and it turns out the dowel
is about 1/2 inch too short...  I put a couple front
rail felt punchings and a balance rail felt punching
on the top of the dowel at the pin, but does anyone
know of a better fix than this?  (I still need to
regulate the dampers individually -- would this cure
it maybe?  It works now, but marginally on some
notes...)