repinning "broaches"?

Jon Page jon.page@verizon.net
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 07:42:23 -0400

I ream the bushing with a straight reamer first. Generally I'll increase
the pin size by .002. That is, I'll ream .001
over the old pin and burnish to the size of the new pin. So if a #20 pin
(.050) is removed, the bushing is reamed
to  #21.5 (.051), burnished to a #21 (.052) and a #21 pin installed.  I
rarely find that by repinning only by one size
larger keeps the pin tight enough in the birdseye.

Depending on the firmness of the bushing cloth or degree of friction you
are targeting you may need to burnish
one size smaller than the new pin or ream & burnish to the exact size.

Regards,

Jon Page