tuneoff?

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 18:49:59

Ric wrote:

Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 18:19:06 +0200
From: Richard Brekne <rbrekne@broadpark.no>
Subject: Re: tuneoff?

Sounds good to me Ron. And I echo you desire for a more informational
approach
to doing these. Course the difficulty remains in defining the criteria for
judging a tuning.
<snip>

Hi Ric
It's my gut feeling that there would be big enough differences to get a
'feeling' for the way each machine solves the tuning puzzle.  Just by
playing octaves to the top like Wim talked about recently when comparing the
SAT 3 to his aural preferences. Or checking octaves through the tenor break,
or thirds, etc.  Or, even the old standby of playing music (what a
concept?!) to see how it plays.

Of course, I'd like to see some graphs too!  Even single partial graphs
would be able to show the different targets for tuning each note.

Hey, I'd tune one of the pianos using my old Korg MT-1200; anyone else?

Ron Koval
graphman

.