Y-C Pramberger Pianos

David Renaud drjazzca@yahoo.ca
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 06:33:03 -0400 (EDT)

I have helped a local dealer prep his
Pramberger grands as they come through.

The action has evolved. The hammer denisty
has changed they have been experimenting a bit.
I like that the have moved to a lighter, softer
hammer.
Lots of flange repinning getting done on the first
ones preped. Had very loose center pins.

There is a 6'10"  Prambergur sold 8 months ago to a
well known church used as a concert hall.
I have tuned it at least a dozen times since.
I am quite impressed. It was used by the Ottawa
Chamber music Festival, and the pianisist attitude
was, "Oh, Young Chang, junk" After the dress rehersal
the pianist went out of her way to find me to tell
me how impressed she was. They used it for ARCT Royal
Conservatory exams and had lots of the same comments,
critical in advance, much praise after using it.

I like the piano, and I am very happy to see
this company making such improvments without
accompanying astronomical price increases, a very
good buy for the money.

                        My Opinion
                        Dave Renaud
                        RPT