THE SOLUTION FOR TERRORISM

larudee@pacbell.net larudee@pacbell.net
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 06:47:14 -0700

Wow, Bill, that's as fine a mission statement as I've ever heard.
Unfortunately, our current foreign policy is close to being the opposite
of that.  It is directed primarily by large corporations and other
special interests who ally themselves with corrupt local bullies to
assure low wages and raw materials for the benefit of the companies, who
take an active part in the corruption.  Even when other developed
countries participate in the corruption, it is generally the U.S. that
provides the arms to suppress dissent.

Theis comes from a highly cynical corporate culture where profit is
everything and every means is used to enhance the bottom line.  Witness
the California energy crisis, for example, which was manipulated to
produce huge profits for Enron, El Paso Gas and other large campaign
contributors with special access to the White House.  They figure they're
"playing by the rules" even while they're robbing millions of people.
Furthermore, they get to write the rules with their campaign
contributions.

I agree with Bill Ballard's and Robert Wilson's solution.  I just don't
know how it's going to happen the way things are currently run.

Paul Larudee