THE SOLUTION FOR TERRORISM

Robert Wilson pianotechnicianuk@yahoo.com
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 09:06:52 -0700 (PDT)

--- larudee@pacbell.net wrote:
> Wow, Bill, that's as fine a mission statement as
> I've ever heard.
> Unfortunately, our current foreign policy is close
> to being the opposite
> of that.  It is directed primarily by large
> corporations and other
> special interests who ally themselves with corrupt
> local bullies to
> assure low wages and raw materials for the benefit
> of the companies, who
> take an active part in the corruption.  Even when
> other developed
> countries participate in the corruption, it is
> generally the U.S. that
> provides the arms to suppress dissent.
>
> Theis comes from a highly cynical corporate culture
> where profit is
> everything and every means is used to enhance the
> bottom line.  Witness
> the California energy crisis, for example, which was
> manipulated to
> produce huge profits for Enron, El Paso Gas and
> other large campaign
> contributors with special access to the White House.
>  They figure they're
> "playing by the rules" even while they're robbing
> millions of people.
> Furthermore, they get to write the rules with their
> campaign
> contributions.
>
> I agree with Bill Ballard's and Robert Wilson's
> solution.  I just don't
> know how it's going to happen the way things are
> currently run.
>
> Paul Larudee

Also, we must address the double standards and
hypocrisy for which we must all plead guilty.
Following this outrage we want the world to unite for
this cause but looking beneath the surface the cracks
are there, for example Egypt is very unhappy with us
in the UK, yesterday the speaker of the Egyptian
parliament raged at Britain for sheltering suspects
accused of terrorist crimes.  Yasser Al-Siri,
for example, was convicted in Egypt for a car-bombing
which killed a 12-year old girl, yet we refuse to hand
him back citing 'lack of evidence' In other words, we
are harbouring a terrorist here.

And what about our terrorist outrages by the IRA? -
they actually have got funding from the USA for years
and we have had little success in stopping terrorism
here - so please, let's acknowledge hypocrisy, self
interest and double standards.  We can only defeat
terrorism if we truly join together to help each other
out.  You need to help us, we need to help Egypt and
so on.  Then there might be a glimmer of hope - but if
everyone pursues self interest, we are doomed.

Bob Wilson
London.