THE SOLUTION FOR TERRORISM

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 12:08:23 -0400

This morning's paper included the following line:  "Bush directed the
release of $25 million to assist refugees streaming into countries
bordering Afghanistan."

I would also like to point out that the article that started this thread
had as its title "Incredible Idea to Add to the Solution for
Terrorism."  It was not given as the only approach.  Indeed, if you
reread the article you will see it asks for turning over the terrorists
in return.  It was one idea to consider among the ways the U.S. can
respond.

I am encouraged by what I consider level-headed thinking on a number of
fronts.  If we object to violence, why respond with violence?  If we
object to terrorism, why respond with terrorism?

Never fear, the American government is not going to roll over and play
dead.  Looking for long-term solutions and working through diplomatic
channels as much as possible seems to me to be the way to go.  Much as
some would like to see quick retaliation to pacify our pain and our
smarting national pride, I doubt that will result in a better world, and
it could actually propel us into a war that will take many more than
6,000 lives.

Regards, Clyde