Brambach ????

JWyatt1492@AOL.COM JWyatt1492@AOL.COM
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 16:24:25 EDT

Hello Del :

    Brambach made three sizes of grands.
One was Style 'B'  4 feet 8 inches the next
was style 'D'  5 feet and the style G was
5 feet 3 inches.  Of these the G was by far
 a better scale than the others.
   The actions were all the same. They had
an  adjustable repetition spring and the jack
spring was a coil spring.  Each has worked
well for at least 80 years that I know of.
  I have found that this action could be made
to perform at a higher level than most people
need.
   This brand of piano was not intended to be
a high performing piano.  It was intended to
be an adequate piano for many people.
   These  pianos are rebuildable but I for one
cannot make them better that they were
intended disposable pianos as. The wood
and felts were of very high quality.
   They were very successful at doing all of
the above.
     You could compare them to a little car that
could not run 120 miles an hour.  But they
would run at 80 miles an hour for 200,000
miles.
     Both "Premier" and "Ricca" took a run at
them and both failed.  I am not even considering
 "H.C. Bay".   ( facts are always dull)   right !!!!
    Del,  on a side note I will have three new action
models at TSA. There are two that I would like to
get your opinion on.

Regards,
Jack Wyatt