ref S&S marketing techniques

Stuart & Aimee Balsillie sabalsillie@bigpond.com
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 07:46:58 +1000

Tom,
I totally agree, you cannot discount that S&S still make a very good =
instrument.

Stuart Balsillie
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Tom Servinsky=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, August 02, 2002 5:55 AM
  Subject: RE: ref S&S marketing techniques

    Terry,
    I dont know whats worst S&S and their marketing techniques or the =
people who own these "precious" instruments,............ gee when asked =
to do some work some  owners think you about to operate on their only =
child.
    But you cant blame S&S for trying..............

    >Ahhhh...marketing, the price we pay for a free market/capitalistic =
society.  Just remember that many marketing techniques ( annoying and =
tenacious as they tend to be), are generally proven through marketing =
studies demonstrating buying trends of potential buyers. The better the =
marketing the better the sales, the better the chances of survival. Like =
it or not, volitility is ever-present in all businesses.=20
    Steinway, in my opinion, has been masterfull through all these years =
at marketing their product.  They have effectively convinced generations =
that their product,and only their product, should be the instrument of =
choice. Argue if you will, but they have effectively drilled that =
message loud and clear. And lastly, the last count I took of remaining =
US piano manufacturers , the Steinway & Sons Piano Company still =
continues to be tops of that list.=20
    Tom Servinsky, RPT

      =20