Voicing Technique

Sat, 03 Aug 2002 20:32:41 +0200

David Andersen wrote:

> > >That being said, of late I have begun to develop a bit of
> >sceptical view to "fast results" needling techniques. Or
> >perhaps Andres visit here has just got me hooked on trying
> >to really for real master traditional needling techniques.
>
> Hey:  we can all be heroes by needling in the string cuts......but the
> hero worship only lasts about an hour and a half of serious
> playing.....then it's back to broken glass and that disgusting nasally
> "twang" that we all know and loathe........Good luck........David Andersen

Well, of course you may be right, and you are'nt the first I
have heard make this comment, but I won't know for sure
until I have mastered the style. That being said it seems to
me that every time I have seen a really accomplished
traditional voicer work on a set of good hammers on a nice
instrument, the results are a bit longer lasting then an
hour and a half serious work.

Andre is the only one on this list I personally know who is
in this class of voicers. Would be nice to hear his comments
on this.

RicB