stringing

HazenBannister@cs.com HazenBannister@cs.com
Sun, 4 Aug 2002 23:30:25 EDT

In a message dated 08/04/2002 10:52:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Kdivad@AOL.COM writes:

> I am serious about understanding how your technique saves time and is
> easier, could you please go through the procedure to make it clearer?  I
> would greatly appreciate it.
>
> David Koelzer
> Vintage Pianos
> DFW

Dave,
 I start by,say if I need 8 pieces of size 14,I go ahead and cut
these,measuring all the same length,of the longest unison.This is very
quick,and the pieces are beside me,tools laid out on the keybed.I coil the
first pin and drive,stretching the string around the hitch pin,and onto the
other pin,driving.Pick up another wire and repeat.The only cut now,is the
four finger measurement,so I don't have to get up,having to stretch the wire
out again,re-measure from front to back.Because it seems no matter how
careful you measure,you still end up having to snip the end off, on the last
pin of the unison.
If you pull the wire out, have it going from the can,to the first pin,pulling
more wire out,around the hitch pin,back up,and the measuring to the next pin
to cut,wire out everwhere,very cumbersome it would seem.I don't know how well
I explained this,I hope it helped.
Best,
Hazen Bannister