stringing

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sun, 04 Aug 2002 22:35:58 -0500

>Hazen, let me explain a little about the technique I use.  I drop marked
>tees in the pin holes, I pull a length of wire out of the can and wind a
>pin (no measuring or cutting on the first pin). I then drive the pin into
>the block, next I run the wire through the bridge, around the hitch pin
>and back through the bridge to the pin hole, measuring approximately 4
>fingers and cut (one cut two pins) I then drive the pin into the block.
>After I make the cut I put the loose end of the wire from the can into one
>of the pin holes until I am ready for the next pin, so it is right at
>hand, all I have to do is reach 6 inches.  When I hit the tee I change sizes.
>
>David Koelzer

This is pretty much how I string, with a couple of minor deviations.
Anything at all in the pin hole that marks the change in wire size serves
as a brain cell waker-upper. Somehow, anything related to golf being used
as a consciousness booster seems counter indicative to me, but that may be
just a personal glitch. Also, after cutting the string to length for the
second pin, I thread the next string through the agraffe(s) or V bar so I
can wind two coils and drive two pins in a row without swapping tools. This
both saves a little time, and forces me to pay attention to what I'm doing.
Often, it works.

Ron N