stringing

Jon Page jonpage@attbi.com
Sun, 04 Aug 2002 23:48:15 -0400

At 08:14 PM 8/4/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>If you want to use a measuring device, Jon Page sent me a very neat one
>which he devised and built. You run the wire through it (from the side,
>easily) and butt one end up against the pin, cutting at the other. Looks
>like it would be very easy to end up with uniform coils.
>Susan

Right you are Susan <g>.  The Becket Tool is a handy gage for cutting the
wire. The beckets line up with a mechanical precision.
I can send an image file of the tool and info on its dimensions if you
click on the <mailto> in the sig file.

As far as knowing when to change wire size during the stringing frenzy... a
piece of masking tape covering the hole at the increase.

Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage@attbi.com