New Pins or Old?

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon, 05 Aug 2002 11:29:35 -0500

Hi John,
               I only use the old pins, if I back the pin out one turn,
then restring.  This is usually reserved for newer pianos.  I often
restring the upper treble in this manner when replacing hammers on
University Yamaha's.
If the pins are removed, hand ream, the 1 or 2 sizes over. Each piano is
different.
Regards Roger