Singing 3 YO Baldwin M Treble

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 20:33:41 -0700

>I have tried 2 methods.  First I have used an electric tea kettle, giving
>each hammer about 1 second in the spout.

Try giving each hammer 4-5 seconds in the spout.  It's scary, but if
they're really "soaked" with lacquer, this is the only way I've found to
ease the pain.  One time, this guy had absolutely SOAKED a set of Renner
Blues with what was probably a 3 or 4:1 solution, and those bad boys were
like ROCKS---like granite.  They took EIGHT seconds of steam.  That was
stressful----I had visions of hanging a new set of hammers for
free.......but it worked. They're still on the glassy side, but now I can
get needles in them.

Good luck, man..........