Beat Rates in music

Avery Todd avery@ev1.net
Tue, 06 Aug 2002 19:39:53 -0500

Don,

I totally agree. When I'm doing a concerto type tuning for something like a
Prokofiev or a Rachmaninoff type concerto in a large hall, I'll usually try
to stretch a little more, especially in the treble area if the piano leans
more to the "mellow" type of sound. Within reason. I personally don't like
a severe amount of stretch but some judicious amount of extra stretch seems
to give more projection and is more easily balanced with the orchestra.

Avery