liftrod hook replacement

Alan R. Barnard mathstar@salemnet.com
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 21:53:00 -0500

JBWeld ...fantastic stuff. In my local Wal-mart, it's in the automotive
area.

I get the fast set variety and can fix all sorts of things, including metal
to metal, very quickly and know that it will hold.

NOT the right glue for anything where you'd normally use hide glue,
carpenter's glue, or PVC-E. It's REAL permanent.

Latest use: Had a hammer flange center pin rip right out of the birds-eye in
an old beater--took a thin chunk of wood with it so I couldn't just glue and
clamp. Didn't have time or patience to carve little shims or any such. Used
the JBWeld to fill the slot, removing the overslop as best I could and
repeatedly reaming the hole, as the epoxy set, with a tooth pick. When
dried, filed off any exposed stuff and used a bushing reamer (pointed end,
but round, not tapered, where the "teeth" are) to make a nice pin slot.

This is not a repair on the RPT test BUT ... for this old Clarendon that is
just 2.3 steps away from PSO certification, it is holding beautifully and
made a quick & easy fix.

I love the stuff.

Alan R. Barnard