Major polyester repair

Kdivad@AOL.COM Kdivad@AOL.COM
Wed, 07 Aug 2002 22:49:31 -0400

> Once the veneer is repaired and if a poly-repair person is not available;
> the front lid top
> and bass cheek can be finished with this material and a suitable repair
> effected. Once
> rubbed out and polished you will not readily see a difference. I sprayed a
> Yamaha lyre:
> vertical posts and the top of the pedal box. Once rubbed-out and buffed it
> was a perfect
> match to the remaining unsprayed portion.
>
> PianoLac also blends in for spot repairs on lacquer as well. Presently. I'm
> repairing moving
> damage on a 5 year old S&S finish. Even the material dropped-in with an
> artist's brush is
> unnoticeable.
>
> No bad for a water-borne finish. To get more info on this
> product contact
> Arthur Grudko
> mailto:Gutlo@bestweb.net
>

> Regards,
>
> Jon Page,   piano technician
> Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
> mailto:jonpage@attbi.com

Jon, how do you match the color?  I can see no problem if just the top of the cheek is damaged, it is on a different plane than the sides and lid so it will not show, the repair on the lyre you made sounds like the surfaces are all on different planes so it would not be noticable. Could you touch up just half a front lid and have it match?
In my experience all blacks are a different color, that is why we mix 5 gallon cans of black together (even if they are the same batch number) to ensure we get enough quantity of the same color to rub out a piano and not rub through to a different color. Thanks for the info, I will positively try out.

David Koelzer
Vintage Pianos
DFW